.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, February 9, 2004
 
"The President of the United States, I believe, did not manipulate any kind of information for political gain or otherwise..."

Now color me paranoid, but if I were called for jury duty and answered the question of "Can you be fair and impartial in this case?" by saying "I don't think the defendant is guilty.", in all likelihood, I'd be looking at a first class ticket OUT of that jury box. I know a few folks in the legal profession, and would like their unvarnished opinion...

So why is it that Sen. John McCain (R-Az.) can make the aforementioned statement and be expected to provide a fair and impartial look at pre-war intelligence on Iraq?

Whether or not the President manipulated intelligence is what this commission was set up to find out!

Why then, can Sen. McCain render an opinion on the topic before the commission even has its first meeting?

I'm not just barking at the moon, here. I do hope Sen. McCain and the rest of the commission take a sober, reasonable look at pre-war intelligence. I hope this in spite of the fact that tone of the co-chairs of the commission is a first-class Clinton-hater...

This must be what theologians refer to as a "leap of faith"...



|

Powered by Blogger