.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
 
The Truth About W's Dishonest Campaign Ads

My hectic schedule is forcing me to rest my arm today. Fortunately, in situations like this, I can cut and paste the work of someone far better at this than I am.

Here's Josh Marshall's column about President Bush's misleading advertisements chiding John Kerry for voting against the Administration's $87 dollar Iraq request last year:

This one uses last year's $87 billion Iraq supplemental, and the fact that Kerry voted against it, to accuse him of voting against each of the various line items for troop funding included in the bill.

Now, this is inherently misleading since I believe Kerry, like many other Dems, voted for an alternative bill which would have funded these needs by rescinding part of Bush tax cuts. So to say he voted against these particulars is really a distortion of the legislative process.


Enjoy the rest, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

UPDATE: A quick follow-up on W's shady ads...



|

Powered by Blogger