.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, April 6, 2004
 
"Let us rid ourselves of the fiction that low oil prices are somehow good for the United States..."

Since this quote by then-Congressman Dick Cheney almost made me spit soda at my computer monitor, I figured it was worth mentioning...

On the heels of criticizing John Kerry for supporting a 50 cent a gallon gas tax (which he didn't), it comes to light that in 1986, Vice Prez Cheney uttered this brilliant piece of ammunition I'm now referring to as "my favorite quote in the history the planet":

"Let us rid ourselves of the fiction that low oil prices are somehow good for the United States," Mr. Cheney, who is now vice president, said shortly after introducing the legislation.

Wanna take a wild guess as to who, in addition to almost every politician in the US, was opposed to Cheney's 1986 plea? Senator John Kerry.

This continues a steady pattern that the Bush-Cheney campaign is in the process of perfecting:

Falsely accuse my opponent of something I've already done myself (in abundance) in order to avert the inevitable shit storm my past actions could set off...

See how this game works?



|

Powered by Blogger