.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, May 4, 2004
 
Watch Fox News, It's Easier Than Thinking!

So say Vice President Dick Cheney and Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed. Well, they don't actually say that, but it's pretty damn close!

CHENEY: It's easy to complain about the press -- I've been doing it for a good part of my career... It's part of what goes with a free society. What I do is try to focus upon those elements of the press that I think do an effective job and try to be accurate in their portrayal of events. For example, I end up spending a lot of time watching Fox News, because they're more accurate in my experience, in those events that I'm personally involved in, than many of the other outlets.

REED: I get in the car in the morning and listen to Rush Limbaugh. On the way home, I listen to Sean Hannity. At night I watch Fox News.

Of course Cheney and Reed omit this little nugget...

Media Matters for America recently commissioned a poll conducted by the Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group. Among the findings was that FOX News Channel viewers disproportionately hold inaccurate or false views. "Among daily viewers of FOX News Channel, 72 percent say there is strong evidence about Iraq's possession of WMD and development of nuclear weapons, while only 44 percent of those who watch FOX infrequently say that this statement is true," the poll found.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, everybody! It's so sweet and delicious and it makes my mind up for me!



|

Powered by Blogger