.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, June 28, 2004
 
Fahrenheit 9/11 Was Fantastic...

So much so, that I'll put my money where my mouth is.

If any of my friends, whether they be liberal, conservative, or on the fence, are thinking of seeing the film, I'll go ahead and pay for your ticket and one for a friend. I really think it's that important for people to see the film.

As far as a review goes, I'll say this: "Fahrenheit" is far less heavy-handed than "Bowling For Columbine". Michael Moore does have the tendency to go a little too far in proving a point. He didn't do that here. Moore was hardly even in the film other than through his narration.

Most of the conservatives lining up to criticize the film either a.) haven't seen it or b.) are afraid of hearing the truth about their glorious leader. The funny thing about that, is that most of the "jabs" at Bush are just clips of Bush being Bush. No embellishment is needed!

The one point of embellishment that damn-near had my wife and I suffocating with laughter was the brilliant use of the greatest TV theme song ever, "The Greatest American Hero", as the background music for Bush's landing on the USS Lincoln. Should've been somebody else, indeed. Absolutely hilarious.

One more point for those who honestly believe Michael Moore hates America. Go see the movie. I'll buy your ticket, so you won't feel dirty. If you're honest with yourself, I think you'll get a better understanding of Moore's take on the world.

Let me say it again: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE, I'LL BUY YOUR TICKET.

Just leave me a comment...

UPDATE: It looks like I'm not the only one that enjoyed "F9/11":



|

Powered by Blogger