.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, June 8, 2004
 
My Thoughts On A Dead President

I've been on vacation for the last week and a half, but I have been paying attention to the coverage that Ronald Reagan's death has generated.

I'm going to follow the old rule of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I think one of the cheesiest and most disingenuous things people do is to badmouth someone while they're alive, then act like they loved them once they die. I remember when Sonny Bono died, Cher was at his funeral talking about him like he was a saint. Meanwhile, she spent the last 20+ years talking shit about him in public.

For all of the bad things I could say about President Reagan (and there are many), I will say this about him, he had a great ability to calm the people of this nation in times of great fear. It's too bad the current occupant of the Oval Office has no ability to do the same and, in fact, needs a frightened populace in order to remain powerful.

George W. Bush needs people to die in order to appear successful. This now includes Ronald Reagan...



|

Powered by Blogger