.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, August 23, 2004
 
How To Win At Fantasy Football...And Annoy People...

My favorite time of year is fast approaching. The NFL season kicks off in just a few weeks, and for many football dorks like myself, it's time for one of the great traditions of the late summer.

The fantasy football draft.

3 hours of pure, unadulterated stupidity...

Bill Simmons of ESPN.com wrote the qunitessential guide to drafting a great fantasy football team back in August of 2001. Obviously, many of the player references are dated, but bear with me, you're gonna want to read this thing...

How perfect is it for me that Simmons wrote (in 2001, I'll remind you) the following...

"Fred Taylor should be good for about three games ... until that hammy starts acting up again ..."

...and Taylor just happens to be my keeper this year.

You know what they say: "When you draft Fred Taylor, you also draft Fred Taylor's groin."

Let the games begin...



|

Powered by Blogger