.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, August 12, 2004
 
"I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified..."

No, that's not an angry America-hating pinko Democrat talking about why Porter Goss isn't qualified to be in the CIA. That's Porter Goss talking about why Porter Goss isn't qualified to be in the CIA.

But he didn't stop there. Goss went on expound further to Michael Moore as to why he couldn't hack it in today's CIA:

"I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably," Goss is quoted in an interview transcript.

"And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day: 'Dad you got to get better on your computer.' Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have."

Good pick, George...

UPDATE: Yes, I do understand that Goss is being nominated to be the head of the CIA and not an operative. That being said, it still concerns me that the guy running the CIA could be so out of touch with what the average intelligence gatherer is faced with in the year 2004...



|

Powered by Blogger