.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, September 1, 2004
 
Ahhhnold Shows His Ahhhss On Night Two...

First, Arnold called all Dems liars in the 2nd line of his speech.

"This is like winning an Oscar -- as if I would know. Speaking of acting, one of my movies was called "True Lies." And that's what the Democrats should have called their convention."

This caught me off guard since Arnold has never used movie references for a cheap laugh...

Next, take a look at this claim:

"...to those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: Don't be economic girlie-men."

I'm guessing the million-plus people that have lost their jobs during Bush's tenure are just being girlie-men. At this point, I should remind you that the night's theme was "people of compassion".

I suppose Newt Gingrich was being a "girlie-man" when he said Clinton's economic plan would destroy the US economy.

Next, here's a real doozy:

He described arriving in the United States from Austria in 1968 and hearing Republican presidential contender Richard Nixon debate Democratic challenger Hubert Humphrey.

Really? That seems difficult, since there was no presidential debate in 1968. Arnold must have "misspoken". Republicans never tell lies, after all...

Oh, and Arnold, you probably should've kept this piece of information to yourself:

"Listening to Nixon speak sounded more like a breath of fresh air. I said to my friend, 'What party is he?' My friend said, 'He's a Republican.' I said, 'Then I am a Republican!' And I've been a Republican ever since."

Saying Richard Nixon inspired you to become a Republican is like saying David Koresh got you into religion...



|

Powered by Blogger