.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, October 21, 2004
 
Great Centrist Insights From The Bull Moose...

Now, while I'm more liberal than a lot of Democrats, I do have an appreciation for cogent and insightful denizens of the center. (This does NOT include Zell Miller)

Toward this end, I've always been intrigued by Theodore Roosevelt. I got a new appreciation for him after reading Theodore Rex. He was among the best of what the Republican party used to be.

Marshall Wittmann is believer in the ideals of TR's Republican party, much like John McCain, his former boss. He recently left Sen. McCain's staff and joined with the Democratic Leadership Council to support John Kerry. Here are some comments from his endorsement of Kerry:

This unreconstructed Bull Moose will run with the donkey in November.

I am an independent McCainiac who hopes to revive the Bull Moose tradition of Theodore Roosevelt, and I support the Kerry-Edwards agenda. Don't get me wrong -- this Bull Moose is not completely in agreement with the Democratic donkey. But the Bush administration has betrayed the effort to create a new politics of national greatness in the aftermath of 9/11.


Wittmann's Bull Moose Blog is a great read as well...



|

Powered by Blogger