.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, October 1, 2004
 
Kerry Wins The First Debate Handily...

I was at a concert (more on that later) during last night's debate, but I taped it. When I got home at about 12:30am, my wife got up out of bed like she was spring-loaded.

I asked her how the debate was. Her response was as follows:

"In a word: UNBELIEVABLE."

It's at this point that I'll mention 3 pieces of critical information:

1.) My wife is about 10 times smarter than me.

2.) She's about 50 times more reasonable than me when it comes to matters of partisan politics.

3.) The degree to which she can judge a situation better than I can cannot even be charted with existing metrics.

She said very specifically that she sat down to watch the debate with a completely open mind, not letting her own views temper her opinions. (Something else she's better at!) She came away with renewed respect for John Kerry, and what bordered upon pity for George Bush, who looked like a spoiled brat that couldn't get over not getting his way.

She works with kids all day, she knows this stuff...

Needless to say, I immediately sat down and watched the debate, not finishing until 2:30 this morning.

It was WELL worth it...

UPDATE: From Oliver Willis, the best example of Bush's shitty attitude.

2nd UPDATE: I just discovered President Bush's notes from last night.



|

Powered by Blogger