.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, November 22, 2004
 
The GOP Congress Buys The President A Yacht With Your Tax Dollars...

This will be my answer the next time anybody (Tull) asks me how we intend to pay for healthcare for all of America's children, rich or poor...

The U.S. Congress on Saturday passed a $388 billion package financing government programs in this fiscal year after days of tough talks, but a last minute snag means it may not be sent to President Bush for signing into law for several days.

The Senate voted 65-30 for the legislation late on Saturday that sets aside funds for a range of priorities including a presidential yacht, foreign aid and energy. It is one of the final pieces of work for the 108th Congress and they may return to finish a spy agency overhaul before the end of the year.

Let our Our Glorious Leader give up his new yacht so even one child can get healthcare that couldn't before, and I say it's a fair trade. I guess that's my idea of "moral values"...

John McCain nailed the GOP Congress on Meet the Press:

It's all the Republicans' fault...

UPDATE: On The GOP House side, conservatives have derailed action on the 9/11 Commission's requests. Good for them.

If the next big attack comes, I know I'll rest easy knowing that the GOP House did all it could...



|

Powered by Blogger