.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, December 30, 2004
 
Best And Worst Sports Uniforms Of All-Time?

This fantastic article from ESPN.com detailing 2004's highs and lows in sports uniforms prompted me to think of my favorites and no-so-favorites in the annals of sports history...

Football

Best: The Chargers' powder blue uniforms from their AFL days.

Worst: I'll have to agree with Paul Lukas and go with the Bengals' current atrocities...Oh the humanity...

Hockey

Where to begin? I personally think hockey has the best uniforms in all of sports.

My favorite would probably be the Philadelphia Phantoms jerseys. Sure, I'm a homer, but check these things out. I think purple is a really under-used color in sports uniforms.

For throwbacks, I love the Chicago Blackhawks old jerseys.

The 1980 USA Olympic team's unis are among the best, too...

Canada's World Cup jerseys from this year are very cool too, if you haven't seen them...

As far as the worst goes, have you ever seen the Vancouver Canucks' jerseys from the early 80's? Just awful...

Baseball

Best: Who doesn't love the 70's-style Giants gear?

(Honorable mention to the Phillies' old St. Patrick's Day unis. Classic...)

Worst: The Padres' new gear is pretty damn bad...

Basketball

Best: Give me the basic Boston Celtics unis anyday.

Worst: The Mavericks can keep that shiny bullshit they've been wearing...



|

Powered by Blogger