.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
 
Your Most/Least Favorite Holiday Songs?

At this point in the season, I've heard every holiday tune at least 3 times, thanks to the sound system in my office building.

They're all starting run together at this point...

Still, there are a few tunes that give me that good feeling. Unfortunately, there are others that I can't get out of my head...

My Favorites:

Sarah MacLachlan & Barenaked Ladies: "God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen"--I mean, have you heard this? Great stuff. She could even make country music sound good...

Sarah MacLachlan: "Song For A Winter's Night"--I'm not exactly sure this is a "holiday" tune, but it's on this "Sounds of the Season" CD my wife has. $100 goes to the person who can tell me who originally did this song...

David Bowie & Bing Crosby: "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy"--Classic duet. Who the hell came up with this pairing in the first place?

Any song from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special--That show still gets me every time. I'm 27, for God's sake! WTF!!!

Least Favorite:

Any jazz rendition of old standards-- I can't escape these horrible tunes where the singer is trying to be jazzy with the lyrics and the articulation:

"Oh, THE weather OUTside is frightful, and the fire is so, so, SO, so delightful. Be bop, bop bop..."

Shoot me now...



|

Powered by Blogger