.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, February 4, 2005
 
Why Didn't I Think Of This?

BRISBANE, Australia - A woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to selling on eBay three nonexistent cases of Duff brand beer — the favorite of cartoon character Homer Simpson.

Tara Edith Woodford, 28, pleaded guilty in the Mackay Magistrates Court in northern Queensland state to three charges of dishonestly gaining money by false pretenses.


Prosecutor Gavin Burnett told the court Woodford was paid a total of 1,951 Australian dollars (U.S. $1,511) by three separate buyers after advertising the bogus beer on the eBay Internet auction site.


Duff is the beer brand of choice for Homer Simpson and his barfly friends in the animated U.S. television series The Simpsons.


On an unrelated note, I've got some Chocolate-Frosted Sugar Bombs I'll be putting up on eBay for $50 a box...

P.S. I had a great time out at Edwards Mill last night with Winston and Martin. I invariably end up drinking way too many beers when I hang out with those guys and paying a hellacious price in the morning.

My boy Martin is like the Steve Nash of drinking. He makes everyone around him better...



|

Powered by Blogger