.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, April 28, 2005
 
At The Risk Of Sounding Like A Complete Knob...

I have to admit I'm very excited about the upcoming Star Wars flick. I won't be camping out to see it, but I am excited...

In spite of the last two films, (the first of which was plain awful, the second was passable if not for the wooden acting) I've retained an interest in the storyline.

My hopes for the new film are almost totally predicated on Star Wars III being way darker than the last two. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Anakin go apeshit and turn to the Dark Side. I even hope he leaves some serious carnage in his wake.

Given the film's PG-13 rating, I'm guessing I'm not far off.

Let's face facts here: The Empire Strikes Back is easily the best of the Star Wars movies so far.

Why? Because it was sad and dark. All that wimpy Ewok-Jar Jar Binks bullshit is just filler crap.

It's time for George Lucas to get nasty. I wanna hear crying in that theater! Stop fucking around and scare people!

Does anyone remember how terrified they were the first time they saw Darth Vader on screen? I was about 5 years old and I damn near shit my pants!!!

I'm just hoping to recreate that feeling in some way. Preferably without a loss of bowel control...

P.S. Does anyone else think the guy playing Anakin Skywalker can't act for shit?



|

Powered by Blogger