.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, August 25, 2005
 
Last Night, I Was 10 Years Old Again...

Isn't it amazing that even after you've been in the working world for over 6 years and have become jaded to so many of the things this crazy world has to offer, that the mere sight of a Hall of Fame baseball player can turn you into a wide-eyed child again?

That's what happened to me at last night's Durham Bulls game.

After the game ended, as I was emerging from my cozy SkyBox (that's how I roll), who should I happen to see walking by, but the immortal Ozzie Smith.

The greatest shortstop to ever play the game...The Wizard Of Oz...13 Gold Gloves...2002 Hall of Fame inductee...15-time All-Star...One of baseball's true "good guys"...

As soon as I caught his eye (not hard to do if you happen to shout "OZZIE!!!" at him, I find), I had a vivid flashback to the opening of "This Week In Baseball" where they showed him doing his back flips. Probably one of my earliest sports memories...

I assume it was fun for him too, being accosted by a lunatic in a blue Phillies jersey on the way to the bathroom, that is...

I got his autograph on my ticket and clutched that thing like a little kid that just found a $20 on the street...Good times...



|

Powered by Blogger