.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, August 3, 2005
 
To All The Haters: I Got Your Answers Right Here...

On Paul Hackett:

A loss is a loss, but a Democrat came within 4% of winning a seat that went GOP in 2004 by a margin of 44%.

The Ohio GOP is in deep shit, beginning with their scumbag governor. If Sherrod Brown decides to challenge Mike DeWine for his Senate seat next year, the GOP will really be in trouble...

On the AFL-CIO split:

It's not a great sign, but in a time when conservative/corporate forces are squeezing the labor movement from all angles, a little creative thinking and a change in strategy is actually a good thing.

Conservatives have been calling the end of labor movement years, and it's not happening. The more workers realize that unionizing can protect their jobs, their benefits, their families and their futures, the better.

Conservatives hate that. "Fuck the little guy, the big dog's gotta eat!"

I like the new direction. I think it will make unions on both sides of the issue sharpen their games...

On everything else:

I'm out and about all afternoon, so I'll clear my plate right now:

Konichiwa, bitches!

UPDATE: One more tidbit: Bush is heading for the longest Presidential vacation in 36 years. Nothing says "regular guy" to me like a month-long vacation!




|

Powered by Blogger