.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, September 26, 2005
 
I Love My Readers Sometimes...

The most amazing thing to me about running a blog is the input you get from people that you probably never would have met under different circumstances. This isn't always a good thing, but occasionally, it's a great thing...

Case in point: Rich from California had a terrific point about the GOP's success in making religious discrimination legal in Head Start hiring...
Although I'm not religious, I do feel that churches SHOULD have a certain amount of autonomy. They should also pay taxes.

If they are going to get help from federal tax dollars, from taxes paid by people of all religions and those of no religion, then they get no say in their hiring rules. It says somewhere (we all know where) that the government shall be no respecter of religion. Tax dollars are part of that government.
Great point, Rich...



|

Powered by Blogger