.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, September 2, 2005
 
Insensitive Scumbags Run Rampant...

Secretary Of State Condoleezza Rice: The Secretary of State has been taking a little time for herself while New Orleans descends into chaos. Apparently, she's been taking in a Broadway show or two and doing a little shoe-shopping in the Big Apple while the worst natural disaster in US history unfolds. She probably shouldn't be trying to enlist the help of other nations or anything like that. Perish the thought...

Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff: The quote at the top right of my page says it all: If you didn't evacuate before the hurricane hit, too bad...

President George H. W. Bush: I can't believe I actually I saw this guy (who I actually still maintain a shred of respect for) on MSNBC talking about what his son "is going through" right now. Reality check, Mr. Bush: YOU'RE SON IS GOING THROUGH NOTHING, GENIUS!!! He'll go to sleep in a safe place while the people of New Orleans can't be sure whether or not they'll be dead in the morning...

Any conservative asshole that insists it's not the government's job to help the people of New Orleans: I can't even get my head around this one. If it's not up to the federal government's job to help, what the fuck do we pay taxes for??? Conservatives and liberals can agree on very few things these days, but I think anyone with some sense can see this is probably the best use of tax money imaginable. I wonder if they'd change their tune if these were wealthy people dying by the dozens...

Speaker Of The House Dennis Hastert: He thinks we shouldn't rebuild New Orleans. There's nothing in New Orleans worth rebuilding anyway, right Denny??? I'm sure if it was his home district under water his tune would be quite different...

UPDATE: Come to think of it, Speaker Hastert has no problem spending millions of dollars a day rebuilding Iraq, but he doesn't think it's worth it to rebuild New Orleans, a great American city. Think about that for a few minutes and tell me what you feel...



|

Powered by Blogger