.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, September 6, 2005
 
It's Like Last Season Never Ended...

...and I mean that in the worst possible way.

With Chuck Amato comes Florida State's brand of non-disciplined football, as evidenced by the Wolfpack's loss to No.8 Virginia Tech on Sunday night...

How can a premier football team in what is arguably the toughest conference in the nation commit 12 penalties for 105 yards???

I had a truly surreal moment in the 4th quarter while watching the game. My wife was asleep on the couch no more than 5 feet away from me as NC State was choking the game away and racking up penalties, so what I lacked in verbal aggression I more than made up for in internal misery and anguish.

By the time that ridiculous roughing-the-kicker call took place, I looked like Ahnuld at the end of "Total Recall" when he gets exposed to the Martian atmosphere.

All in all, the team actually looked pretty good by most standards. The defense is still rock solid, and I expect Jay Davis to be able to throw a ball farther than 10 yards any day now.

Time will tell...



|

Powered by Blogger