.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
 
I Wish I Had Paid More Attention To This...

I now have my proof that no election should slip under my radar from now until the day I die.

I didn't vote yesterday because there were no races for me to vote in. My town's elections are next month and my district's seat on the Wake County Board of Education is currently held by a right-wing lunatic until 2007.

Just as soon as I let my guard down, another right-wing lunatic made his way onto the School Board.

My wife and I watched a small piece of a debate where Horace Tart was giving his opinion on something. It was hard to stay engaged, since he had the charisma of a shrimp fork. We changed the channel and didn't give it a second thought.

Big mistake...

A quick look on Mr. Tart's website would've turned up a list of endorsements that looks like a who's who of Republican inanity in North Carolina.

An even quicker Yahoo! search would've led me to Mr. Tart's "other" project, "Wake Up America, Inc."

Oh boy...

Take a look at their mission statement:
Wake Up America, Inc. Wages War

Wake Up America, Inc. seeks to educate, equip and call to action individuals, churches, and other like-minded organizations to Reclaim America's Godly Heritage. We are passionate about this mission because we believe that a war is waging for the souls of our nation and her people. God is calling His people to action. Respond and get involved! Begin by reviewing the Ministry Message section of our site to see how you can make a difference.
No, I probably couldn't have made a big difference in keeping an anti-busing theocrat off the School Board, but I should've done something.

I didn't, and I'm very sorry for it...

UPDATE: DrFrankLives has a good point. I shouldn't let my concerns about Mr. Tart cloud the fact that yesterday was a very good day for Democrats in Wake County, and that there is more work to be done in the District 1 and District 9 School Board races...



|

Powered by Blogger