.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, November 21, 2005
 
What Are Some Movies You HATE?

An idea that Atrios snagged from another blogger, but still a worthwhile topic.

Here are a few of mine in no particular order:

"Grease" Just...just fuck this goddamn movie. Every time two dorky chuckleheads get up at a karaoke bar and start doing "Summer Nights", I die a little more inside. And yes, a guy that frequents karaoke bars can feel that kind of pain...

"Shag: The Movie" When I moved to North Carolina for college, my fat toad of a freshman year roommate watched this movie and the aforementioned "Grease" constantly with his judgmental hag of a girlfriend. This movie is huge reason why I still am very skeptical of Southern culture and probably always will be...

"Mars Attacks" I made it through almost an hour of this shit salad in the theater. If you've seen it, you know what I mean. If you haven't, you've been warned...

"Rudy" I love an underdog story as much as the next guy, but this movie can go fuck itself. This thing is so chockful of cliches and Notre Dame-ass-kissing, it gets hard to breathe about 20 minutes in. Sean Astin definitely didn't help matters, either. Am I the only person that wanted to see him get absolutely laid out a la Corey Haim at the end of "Lucas"?

"America's Sweethearts" I can't remember too much about this one, except that it was full of self-referential Hollywood bullshit. That and Julia Roberts, too. Yuck...

P.S. You conservatives can't say you hate Michael Moore's movies because I know you haven't seen any of them, so don't start...

UPDATE: Since I can't comment on the thread, I'll say it here:

Jeff, if you hate Jane Fonda so much, why are you watching her movies?



|

Powered by Blogger