.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
 
A Commerce-Related Question For My Readers...

I have no idea where to find this information, so I'll open it up to you guys:
Do so-called "anchor" stores (department stores, supermarkets, etc...) in malls and shopping centers get a cut of the money made by the smaller retailers also located in their specific mall or shopping center?
It seems reasonable to me that this sort of thing might be part of the conditions that larger retailers set out before moving into a specific location.

To be sure, I don't think it's a good thing, but it definitely seems like something that certain mega-retailers would ask for...

P.S. $20 goes to the first person who can guess which "mega-retailer" I'm thinking of...

P.P.S. There's no $20. That's a joke, Brad...



|

Powered by Blogger