.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
 
The Donnybrook's Hall Of Fame Ballot...

Let me preface this by saying I'm a real hard-on about the Hall of Fame. I think too many lackluster players have made it in over the years. Don Sutton comes to mind, for example.

Everyone feel free to voice your opinions on this year's lackluster slate of possible inductees to the HOF. I'm getting my stats from BaseballReference.com.

Players I'd vote FOR:

Jim Rice
Lee Smith

Notable players I would NOT vote for:

Bert Blyleven
Goose Gossage
Andre Dawson
Bruce Sutter
Dale Murphy
Jack Morris
Alan Trammell
Don Mattingly
Orel Hershiser

Overall, I think this year's slate of candidates stinks.

Don't believe me? Consider the fact that Tony Gywnn and Cal Ripken, Jr. are on the ballot next year. Do any of this year's candidates belong in the same breath as those guys?

UPDATE: Bruce Sutter is the only player voted in for 2006. I don't understand how he makes it and Lee Smith doesn't, but whatever...



|

Powered by Blogger