.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, January 20, 2006
 
Fun With Nomenclature...

Did you ever notice that in about 99% of Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies his character has the most Anglo-sounding name you've ever heard?

Take a look at this list:

Gordy Brewer
John Kimble
Howie Langston
John Kruger
Ben Richards
Alan Schaeffer
Douglas Quaid
Harry Tasker
Julius Benedict
Jericho Cane

It reminds me of Bill Simmons' "Reggie Cleveland All-Stars". A list of white athletes with black guy names. Think Marcus Giles, Khalil Greene, and of course, Reggie Cleveland.

Let it be known that when I make my film debut, I want my name to be Tyrone "The Grip" Ianuzelli...

P.S. As a bonus, here's some of Ahnuld's old bodybuilding footage set to one of the greatest movie songs of all time: "You're the Best" from The Karate Kid...



|

Powered by Blogger