.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
 
GOP'ers Cannibalizing Each Other: It's Not Just For NC Anymore!

From my home state of Pennsylvania:

The two top Republicans in the state Senate conceded upset defeats tonight.

State Sen. Robert Jubelirer, (R., Blair), the state's longest-serving president pro tempore, conceded defeat to Blair County Commissioner John Eichelberger, who led in a three-way primary.

Earlier, Senate Majority Leader David J. Brightbill, (R., Lebanon) who helped pass the legislative pay raise that spurred an anti-incumbency movement, conceded his loss shortly before 10 p.m. He was defeated by Mike Folmer.
In other PA primary news, Bob Casey, Jr. took the first step toward sending Lil' Ricky Santorum to the private sector with his tail between his legs.

Well done, sir...

UPDATE: In a strange turn of events, I just noticed that Chuck Pennachio's campaign has claimed that I endorsed his candidacy for the Democratic nomination to face Rick Santorum in November.

As you can probably tell by the "Bob Casey For U.S. Senate" button on my front page since Casey announced his candidacy, I made no such endorsement.

Chuck is a good Democrat with good ideas, but I never endorsed his candidacy.

Geez, I'm really in demand lately!



|

Powered by Blogger