.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, May 1, 2006
 
My Top 3 Brews From The World Beer Festival...

To those inquired, the Raleigh World Beer Festival was awesome. Thanks.

The place was set up well, the beer vendors were cool, and everything went off without a hitch.

Of the many beers I sampled (and I do mean many), 3 stood out above the rest:

SweetWater Blue from SweetWater Brewing Co. #1 with a bullet right here. If you ascribe to the notion that fruit beers are a little "fruity", you may not like this one, but this may be my favorite beer of all. Delicious blueberry tones. Very smooth. Amazing.

BridgePort Brewing Company's India Pale Ale I'm not a big fan of IPA's, but this one was fantastic. Very crisp and smooth, not too hoppy. Portland, Oregon is still the epicenter of American microbrewing.

Redstone Meadery's Mountain Honey Wine Not everyone is into mead, but I think it kicks ass. For more about mead in all its glory look here.

For future reference, the Durham World Beer Festival is on October 7th. Start making your plans A.S.A.P...

UPDATE: I'm such a silly goose, I forgot another great unique beer. Tommyknocker's Maple Nut Brown Ale. Five words: Maple syrup in the brew...



|

Powered by Blogger