.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, May 22, 2006
 
Our Trip To Philly: A Photographic Essay...

Boy, did we luck out. Not only did I get catch the Phils vs. the Red Sox (more on that later), but this past weekend also included the Italian Festival on 9th Street in downtown Philly.

Where else can you find two fellas that bothered to not only wear, but actually make these shirts?



Or a lady wearing this?



You can't put a price on stuff like that, or my wife and her bestest friend getting to hang out. Good times.

As far as the game goes, it should be noted that I went to the game with a die-hard Sawx fan, as evidenced here:



That's me on the right, in case you didn't know.

As soon as we headed down that subway entrance, I got smacked in the face by a dose of reality I wasn't expecting. Philadelphia had been overrun by Red Sox fans.

Don't believe me?



Yup, that's an old lady wearing a Sox babushka.


It's a pretty surreal moment when you realize supporting the Phillies actually puts you in the minority in Philadelphia.

That being said, the many Sox fans that made the trip were delightful. Not a Masshole in sight, thankfully.

Here's the view of the field from our seats:



It wasn't as far away as it looked. Trust me. Now, here's the impressive Phillies' scoreboard.



If you haven't been to Citizens Bank Park, I highly recommend checking it out. It's state-of-the-art and classic all at once.

In case you didn't know, the Phillies lost 8-4 that night. Luckily, I came out a 2-0 winner in the matchup of Me vs. Cheesesteaks. Moral victory, I guess.

The Phils won 10-5 the next day...When I was in my car heading back to North Carolina.

Still, it was great trip for my lovely wife and me, even if we were bad luck for the Phils!



|

Powered by Blogger