.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, June 1, 2006
 
What Is The Craziest Sporting Event You've Ever Attended?...

I ask this because I'm fairly certain I'll be involved in a new standard for sports-based tension and lunacy tonight at the RBC Center.

My craziest memory from a sports event occurred on February 3, 1996.

At Reynolds Coliseum on NC State campus, I watched an obviously-overmatched Wolfpack team take down the (if memory serves) #1-ranked UNC Tar Heels by a score of 78-75.

Those of you that ever saw an important game at Reynolds know how loud the place was. When UNC came to town, things were raised to a whole different level.

There used to be a noise meter hanging in the rafters, and it would go all the way to the top once or maybe twice each game. During UNC games, the thing was at the top constantly. Even during timeouts.

I vividly remember the shit hitting the fan after Dante Calabria's last second three from the left baseline clanged off the rim to end the game.

I had such a good time that night, a few of my friends actually found me crawling up the steps to my dorm room at about 2am.

Absolute pandemonium. And tonight could actually eclipse it...



|

Powered by Blogger