.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
 
A Long, Hot Day In America's Version Of Hell...

Before I continue that thought, I must thank my big brother, Lee, for getting me a ticket for the Eagles-Bucs game on Sunday.

It was a great time, and I'm sure the psychological trauma won't last for more than 3 months. 6 months, tops.

We parked right next to the spring training home of the Yankees, and proceeded to tailgate for a good 2+ hours in temperatures that first felt like a hair dryer on medium heat. Little did I know, this was a Floridian's idea of "a chilly morning".

Now to the pics. Left to right: My brother Lee, yours truly, and my nephews, Logan and Levi.



I call this one "Still Life With Chubby Forearms".



The Bucs' stadium is nice, but nowhere near as well put-together as Lincoln Financial Field. The biggest reason? It's way too Disney.



Just what you want at an NFL football game: To have strands of beads shot at you from a big fake pirate ship. Oy.

You know what else you want? 108 degree temperatures on October 22nd. That seems reasonable.

How close to the field were we? This close:



And now, the picture I wish I never took, taken right after Brian Westbrook's amazing go-ahead TD.



After that, the camera stayed in my pocket, for obvious reasons.

Add to that a flight home that was delayed 1 1/2 hours, diverted through Baltimore due to fog at RDU, and an arrival home shortly after 3 AM, and you've got one helluva day...



|

Powered by Blogger