.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, October 27, 2006
 
Time For A Fantasy Football Open Thread...

Any and all fantasy questions should be directed to this thread. This is a safe place.

I'm 4-3 in both of my leagues, so I'm eminently qualified to give barely-better-than-average advice in most situations.

In the meantime, some brilliant Philly emails from The Sports Guy.

On what level of losing does an "opposing kicker hitting a 62-yarder to win when he hasn't kicked one longer than 30 yards all year" game fall in the levels of losing? That's has to be a "swift kick to the genitals" game.--Jacob, Philadelphia

Don't think I wasn't shocked when Bryant hit that 62-yarder. This is what happens in this town. We invent new ways to lose. I think I'm actually beginning to hate sports.--Harris, Philly

It's time to rename this town Stomach-Punch City, U.S.A. What's the opposite of a Team of Destiny? --Eric Raskin

Seriously, what did we as Philly fans do to deserve this?????--Rob, Toms River, N.J.

I have just been informed Tampa Bay's kicker was previously cut by the 49ers. I can't get drunk enough to numb this feeling.--Stephanie G., Atlanta

After the Eagles took a 21-20 lead over Tampa, I still knew they'd lose. Even with :30 left. Why? Because Andy Reid can't hold a clipboard to save his life, Donovan McNabb's lost his MVP feeling and they just ... I don't know, it's a Philly thing. --Tim Malcolm, Philadelphia

We really will never win another championship. I'm completely convinced now. I've never seen a Philly championship in my lifetime and never will.--Dan S., Philadelphia

We can't even lose on the longest FG in NFL history. No, just the second longest.--Andrew, Haddon Heights, N.J.

I am taking an official leave of absence from caring about Philadelphia sports until next September.--Ken, Philadelphia

I hate my life as a Philly sports fan. I think I'm gonna go throw up all over the 45-yard line.--Adam, Philadelphia

God hates Philadelphia. --Justin C., Philadelphia

Wow...Quite a catharsis...



|

Powered by Blogger