.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, March 9, 2007
 
Let's Share Some Movie Recommendations...

We haven't done this in awhile, and I'm sure everybody's seen some gems recently. I've got a few for you, so don't be greedy!

Also, before I get to my picks, I'd like to throw out a philosophy that has never failed my wife and I:
Any movie made in the the British Isles (Ireland, England, Wales, etc...) is going to be good.
I'm serious. Check some out, and you'll see what I mean.

Keeping Mum: Very dark comedy from Britain about a quirky old lady with a murderous streak...

Everything Is Illuminated: Very different flick about a Jewish American trying to trace his roots in the former Soviet Union...

On A Clear Day: Understated comedy from Britain about an old guy who loses his job and decides to swim the English Channel...

The Illusionist: Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti in the same flick. It's worth seeing for that reason alone...



|

Powered by Blogger