.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Saturday, May 26, 2007
 
Intra-Mural Battles*

I take it as a really good sign that the quadrennial fights over abortion and gun control have migrated from the general election to the Repugnican primaries. This suggests that the electorate, taken collectively, has sided with long-standing Democratic principles rather than the short-sighted, narrow/small-minded positions taken by the right. I'd likely vote for the opponent of Guliani or McCain, but the fact that they are 2/3 of the top tier and are so difficult for the rabid-wing of the Repub party to accept is encouraging.

* Got that phrase from the Wall Street Journal, I think. At any rate, I readily admit that I have never had an original thought in my lifetime.



|

Powered by Blogger