.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Saturday, May 12, 2007
 
Virginia Has a Hissy Fit..

...As New York tries to stem the tide of guns being imported from the Old Dominion. I don't have any idea if the law will prevent NY from continuing this tactic or if felony charges would really be brought or would stick, but I hope there will be more light shone on Virginia's lack of enforcement of gun laws. Gun proponents often say we shouldn't have any more regulations on guns. I'd be willing to have an extended moratorium on new regulations in return for strict and comprehensive enforcement of existing laws. In the meanwhile, I do like the response from the Bloomberg administration to the Virginia Attorney General.
I'm disappointed that Governor Kaine signed this bill. I suspect it was a matter of picking political battles and his priority was to pass the transportation legislation this session. It may also be that in my gun-crazy Commonwealth, his veto would have been soundly overridden.



|

Powered by Blogger