.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, June 7, 2007
 
Admiring the comfort foods of Montreal...

First things first, Montreal was beautiful. I'll get a few of our pictures up later in the week, but I wanted to sing the praises of some of the comfort foods I enjoyed while we were in Canada.

First, is poutine. It's basically gravy fries with cheese curds dumped on top, and was recommended to me by a St. Hubert's waiter who was quite excited about his province's native delicacy.



Next, is the smoked meat sandwich from Schwartz's Deli. So nearly as I can tell, smoked meat is basically a much leaner version of corned beef with about 1000 times more flavor. Fantastic stuff.


Finally, we tried St. Viateur's legendary bagels. They're boiled in a mix of water and honey and baked in a wood (not gas ) oven, which makes them darn tasty...



|

Powered by Blogger