.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
 
Another GOP "family values" hypocrite is exposed...

It never ends, does it?

Louisiana Sen. David Vitter, whose telephone number was disclosed by the so-called "D.C. Madam" accused of running a prostitution ring, says he is sorry for a "serious sin" and that he has already made peace with his wife.

"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said Monday in a printed statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."
The lesson continues: Those who scream the loudest about "family values" and morality have the most to hide.

AmericaBlog found a pertinent quote from Senator Vitter while he was railing against the evils of gay marriage last year:

"I don't believe there's any issue that's more important than this one...I think this debate is very healthy, and it's winning a lot of hearts and minds. I think we're going to show real progress."
To Senator Vitter, stopping gay marriage is even more important than not banging hookers behind his wife's back...

UPDATE: Oooh! Here's a juicy quote from Vitter's wife back in 2000:

Asked by an interviewer in 2000 whether she could forgive her husband if she learned he'd had an extramarital affair, as Hillary Clinton and Bob Livingston's wife had done, Wendy Vitter told the Times-Picayune: "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary. If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."
Ouch...



|

Powered by Blogger