.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Friday, October 5, 2007
 
LeBron James: Sports Bigamist

I hate this stuff.

All in all, it doesn't bother me that LeBron wore a Yankees cap to a game played in Cleveland, the city that has embraced him as it's #1 sports figure. I regularly wear my Flyers colors to Carolina Hurricanes games here in Raleigh, after all.

This is the part of the story that really pisses me off:

James admits he's always been a front-runner. During his teen years, that meant latching on to the NBA's Chicago Bulls, the NFL's Dallas Cowboys and, indeed, the Yankees – all of whom captured multiple championships. He's sworn allegiance to more college teams (Ohio State one year, Florida State the next) than anyone can remember.
I've known more of these people than I can remember. People that come up with the douchiest reasons to support sports teams...

Oh, I liked their colors!

Oh, my dad bought me a (fill in the blank) shirt on a business trip when I was a kid, so they're my team!

Hey, they were the best team when I was a kid!
If you cite any of these reasons for your support of a particular team, you suck as a sports fan.

Truth be told, there's only two true reasons to be a fan of a professional sports franchise: Proximity and family. You pull for the local teams and-or the teams your family pull for, and that's it.

If you grew up in South Dakota, tough shit. Go race cockroaches...



|

Powered by Blogger