.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, November 26, 2007
 
Somewhere between Boardwalk and Mediterranean Ave...

While speaking to a client and pondering my family's position in the socioeconomic structure of America, I came up with this question that is sure to make people think and/or lose any shred of interest they had in this blog.

Where on the Monopoly board do you live?

I can see this question being answered in a few different ways:

1.) You can use purely aesthetic factors: Size of house, number of cars, access to elective cosmetic surgeries, etc...

2.) You can consider you position relative to those around you. "I'm not rich/poor, those people down the road are rich/poor!"

3.) You can lose any semblance of reality and just lie in order to feel better about yourself.

With all this in mind, I think I've arrived at Atlantic Avenue. It's a great property that you'd be very happy to purchase while playing Monopoly, but free of the pretension you might find in the blue and green sections. I think that's exactly where I fit.

How about you?



|

Powered by Blogger