.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, January 10, 2008
 
How do you not love this guy?

Bill Richardson bows out gracefully, in spite of being the best-qualified candidate in either party. Here's his statement...

It is with great pride, understanding and acceptance that I am ending my campaign for President of the United States.

When I entered the campaign, it was clear that we, as Democrats, had the most talented field of candidates in my lifetime running to change the direction of our country. And in the end, one of them will.

Despite overwhelming financial and political odds, I am proud of the campaign we waged and the influence we had on the issues that matter most to the future of this country. A year ago, we were the only major campaign calling for the removal of all of our troops within a year's time from Iraq. We were the only campaign calling for a complete reform of education in this country, including the scrapping of No Child Left Behind. And we were the campaign with the most aggressive clean energy plan and the most ambitious standards for reducing global warming. Now, all of the remaining candidates have come to our point of view.

I am honored to have shared the stage with each of these Democrats. And I am enormously grateful to all of my supporters who chose to stand with me despite so many other candidates of accomplishment and potential.

Now I am returning to a job that I love, serving a state that I cherish and doing the work of the people I was elected to serve. As I have always said, I am the luckiest man I know. I am married to my college sweetheart. I live in a place called the Land of Enchantment. I have the best job in the world. And I just got to run for president of the United States.

It doesn't get any better than that.
The guy is all class, as was evidenced throughout the campaign.

Here's hoping the eventual Democratic nominee has the foresight to add him to the ticket...



|

Powered by Blogger