.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
 
What does that make John McCain???

The Hill asked all 97 of the Senators not running for President whether they'd accept an offer to be his/her party's Vice Presidential nominee.

Three Republicans gave very interesting reponses...

Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.)
"When I was much younger I would have probably said, ‘Sure, I’ll be glad to accept it,’ but I’m 70 years [old] and they need a younger person for the job. I would probably tell them, ‘Look for somebody else.’"

Sen. Pete Domenici (R-N.M.)
"No. I’m too old."

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
"I’m too old to be vice president. But I am young enough to be reelected to the Senate."
To review: Cochran is 70 years old, Domenici is 76, and Grassley is 74.

On January 20th, 2009, John McCain will be 72 years old...



|

Powered by Blogger