.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Saturday, June 21, 2008
 
Hall of Famer?

Was involved in a debate at work tonight about whether Curt Schilling is a Hall of Famer. I was in the minority and that surprised me. To me, he's a definite Hall of Famer but what do you guys think.

Because I'm lazy I don't have his career numbers in front of me but I know they're solid. What I love about Schilling is how amazing he was in the clutch. He was brilliant in the playoffs and the bigger the game the better he pitched. Everyone knows about the "Bloody Sock" but that was just one of many postseason gems he threw. He was lights out in the World Series and helped carry two teams to three world championships. Had it not been for Mitch Williams he might have had a shot to make it three teams and four world championships. Regardless, he was terrific with the Phillies in the '93 playoffs.

Other than Josh Beckett I've never seen anyone who dominates the playoffs and owns the moment on the mound like Schilling. If I had to pick one player to win a game that my life depended on Schilling would be the guy I pick. Combine his postseason greatness with what he did in the regular season and I think he's in....Discuss.



|

Powered by Blogger