.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
 
Hank Steinbrenner: "My pitchers are pussies, please don't make them run the bases!"

So, the National League should adopt the designated hitter rule because Chien-Ming Wang is such a spazz that he can't round the bases once without breaking his foot?

"My only message is simple. The National League needs to join the 21st century," Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. "They need to grow up and join the 21st century.

"Am I (mad) about it? Yes," Steinbrenner added. "I've got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He's going to be out. I don't like that, and it's about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s."
Bullshit.

Pitchers are athletes. They can run the bases just like the other 8 guys on the field.

American League baseball has been unwatchable for over 30 years because of the abominable DH rule...



|

Powered by Blogger