.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, September 8, 2008
 
Next

No weakness here. Cheese-free and completely unpredictable. But before you write this off as “G posted another death metal band that grates on my ears,” make sure to listen to the entire song. These guys are on a whole other level.

Mordecai - Between the Buried and Me




On a side note, years ago my partners in crime and I we’re sitting around the practice space on Peace St. taking a break between songs and discussing our plans for the tour bus when we made it to Ozzfest (yeah, those were reeeeeal good intoxicants back then.) Earlier that afternoon, I had passed a group of what essentially looked like a bunch of kids in middle school hanging out innocuously in the hall outside of another room. Five minutes into our break, this is what came permeating through our wall. I believe this to be the moment when I realized with finality that I was never going to be a professional musician – these guys are monsters and the drummer is an absolute beast (check out Glass Casket from Winston –Salem to see some grinding virtuosity.) I’ll admit they may be an acquired taste, but “Silent Circus,” “Alaska” and “Colors” are three of the most brutal, beautiful and mind-bendingly complex albums I’ve ever heard. Check ‘em out if you want to try something different and challenging. And support the local guys.



|

Powered by Blogger