.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, October 6, 2008
 
Asleep at the wheel

I thought I was going to watch a debate and I got a stump speech. I didn’t hear a single coherent answer to any question posed but rather tangential dialogues on “energy” delivered in a manner befitting someone speaking at a PTA meeting. I’m no Biden fan by any stretch at all – but if the bar is set at “don’t spontaneously combust on national TV” and when it’s accomplished praises are sung far and high, I question the sanity of all of this. The words “Palin administration” should be enough to spawn ulcers nation(world)wide. And she had the temerity to attach the McCain suffix to kinda disguise the designs, you know? Shucks! How endearing it would be to have multiple years of State of the Union addresses delivered “Fargo” style...

It must be nice to be able to stand up in front of a crowd and spew out a bunch of “facts” with the knowledge that everything you said will be confirmed or disproved later. For those of us “common” people to which apparently the crux of this “debate” was addressed, I daresay we would be looking for jobs afterwards if we tried doing such at our respective places of employment. But I suppose when the mighty Umbrella of Job Creation is rendered from the stone such fears will be all for naught.

No wonder we’re going in circles and falling about in such a manner. Spinning does that. And I’m getting sick.



|

Powered by Blogger