.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, October 20, 2008
 
I'm really not sure what to make of this...

Colin Powell commands a lot of respect. Prior to his involvement in the Administration of George W. Bush, he seemed like a prime candidate to ascend to the highest office in the land, and for good reason. The guy is simply impressive.

However, I have a very tough time applauding anything he does, given his prominent role in selling the Iraq War to the American people and the world in general at the United Nations back in 2003.

I don't care if he was one of the few voices in the Bush Administration trying to slow the rush to war. If he was so concerned, he should have tendered his resignation rather than spread Bush's lies and misinformation before an international audience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that someone with such stature in military circles sees the leadership potential of a President Obama, and his endorsement announcement on Meet The Press is an incredibly thoughtful and, quite frankly, inspiring piece of footage...



Still, I just don't know how to feel about the guy now...



|

Powered by Blogger