.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, November 10, 2008
 
A funny side effect of the Phillies' World Series win...

The Eagles lost a heartbreaker last night to the Giants, and I must say, it didn't bother me a bit.

Last year, this outcome would've ruined my Monday, but this year (thanks to Brad Lidge and the rest of the 2008 World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies!) it didn't even cross my mind to be bummed out.

The Sports Guy had this to say about "grace periods" back in 2002:

After your team wins a championship, they immediately get a five-year grace period: You can't complain about anything that happens with your team (trades, draft picks, salary-cap cuts, coaching moves) for five years. There are no exceptions.
Here's my question: Does a grace period carry over to the other teams you pull for?

Clearly, I'm in uncharted waters here. I'm not too familiar with successful sports franchises/programs.

I have no idea how to explain this phenomenon, but I do know that even if the Eagles miss the playoffs this year, I'll need only cue up Game 5 of the World Series on my DVR and I'll be just fine!!!



|

Powered by Blogger