.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Thursday, January 29, 2009
 
3,000 posts later: What have I learned?

Conservatives annoy me just as much as they did 6 years ago when I started this blog.

Becoming a father and having twins is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. It's also the greatest thing I've ever done.

The theory that you become more conservative after you have children is complete bullshit. I’ve found the opposite to be true.

The true key to happiness is finding someone who laughs at the same stupid shit as you. Once you find that person, grab onto him/her and never let go. It's worked very well for me.

This might sound pitiful, but watching the Phillies win the 2008 World Series was probably one of the five happiest moments of my life.

I hate spending money on clothes.

I’d rather own one expensive guitar than twenty cheap ones.

Dressing a pissed-off one-year-old is harder than shooting pool without using your arms.

I don’t understand the appeal of guns. I realize they’re supposed to be all manly and shit, but I just don’t get it.

The Dallas Cowboys still suck.

The UNC Tar Heels are still douchebags.

I’ve been waiting, but no one has even come close to disavowing me of the notion that Queen is the greatest rock band of all time.

Coming up with introspective points about yourself is very difficult when you're buried in tedious paperwork.

3,000 posts sounds pretty impressive…until you realize that the same ten people have read them.

Thanks, everybody!!!



|

Powered by Blogger