.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

The Donnybrook
Monday, June 22, 2009
 
Here we go again...

I'm back a week earlier than anticipated. More on that later.

The stuff I said in my last post was true. I haven't had the time to effectively run this site for awhile now, but that's life. I can suck it up and do my best.

On the political side of things, much of my inaction was spurred on by feelings of disappointment in both the Obama Administration and the "strong" Democratic majority in Congress.

At times, President Obama seems far more interested in making Republicans happy than enacting the agenda he laid out to the American people last year. He's been brilliant on many fronts, but he's falling victim to a desire to appear bipartisan rather than being an effective President.

As far as the Democratic leadership in Congress goes, I've never seen a more frightened group of politicians who hold nearly total control of both chambers on Capitol Hill. If a meaningful overhaul of health care in America isn't passed by the Democrats in the House and Senate, even if that means making a bunch of whining elephants cry, then they deserve to get their asses kicked at the ballot box next year. The American people are strongly in favor of a public option, and Democrats have the numbers to make it happen. A wide majority is worthless if you don't use it to help the people who elected you.

So there's that.

Other political stuff has been interesting: Sarah Palin struggling to stay relevant even though she's not, and Republican Senator and Promise Keeper extraordinaire John Ensign admitting to having an affair come to mind.

At the end of the day, though, it's the non-political stuff that makes me want to keep this site up and running.

I was very thankful to hear from so many of you that you'd miss this site if it went away. It wasn't my intent to have people talk me out of closing up shop, but you guys did a very effective job of it!

So I'm back, and we'll keep this thing going. We'll have some fun and let the political stuff take a back seat for a little while. I'll still bring it up when the mood strikes, but we'll change the overall focus of the site for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again for the kind words. I feel refreshed and ready to begin again...



|

Powered by Blogger