Saturday, January 23, 2010
- Marine Corps ends Iraq rotations, signaling the beginning of the draw down to 50, 00 troops. Even if the Iraqi elections are marred by cheating and violence, I think we should keep the draw down going until were are out of Iraq altogether by 2012.
- More people are realizing that financial markets are not the efficient, self-correcting systems they were assumed to be. Even economists. Systems that don't self-corrected get corrected harshly by reality - recall our economy one year ago.
- "The War of French Dressing" Wide support in France for banning the niqab, often mistakenly called a burka. Under the proposed law, one could be fined over $1,000 for refusing to remove the head-to-toe covering.
- The military, particularly the Air Force, does not have enough analysts to deal with all the intel video they will be getting from UAV's in the next year and beyond. The number of video feeds per UAV is going up 10 to 30 times. Warfare has changed considerably and the pace of change is increasing.
- Funniest headline in recent memory: Flashier Great Tits Produce Stronger Sperm